Monday, February 22, 2021

Home Improvement 2020-2021

I have been staying in this Sengkang House for more than 10 years. Last year I just completed my 10 years milestone. There are improvements I have made recently.

The dining chairs are very shaky (like Marco's teeth). I found ghost chair from carousell. I bought them separately from different sellers. They are combination of opaque black, transparent black, and transparent clear.

I also bought some rugs so that my marble floor won't get scratches.

I bought a coffee table to be put in front of the TV. The previous table I bought from IKEA was not sturdy. I didn't even dare to put my cup on it. This new coffee table looks like marble top, but it is not marble. it's very good for $30 price I paid at Carousell, including delivery some more.

I suddenly thinking about feng shui to enhance my house. I have read through few website on what to put and how it should be. I will do the foyer first and the working place as I have been working from home. After these, I will settle the living room and masterbed room. There are many things I can learn everyday from reading about fengshui to enhance my house.

Basically for foyer or the space after you enter the house, it is very important. I realised my foyer may be a bit dim because I only put 7 watts floor lamp at one corner. I also need to put some indoor plants at the foyer so there is a sense of living creature there.

Seems like indoor plants help in enhancing the energy in the house. But there are certain plants according to some article are not good for fengshui, such as cactus and other spikey plants.

If I have time, I will do a 360 degree video showing before and after rearranging and tidying my house.  It's fun to have side project like this. Kill two birds with one stone. 



No comments: