Monday, February 22, 2021

Go-Ang Pratunam Chicken Rice at Plaza Singapura

 It had been few times passing by this chain restaurant. They put few Michelin Star Award outside their shops. I wanted to try few times at Vivo City. However I chose something else as I didn't feel like to eat chicken rice that time.

This time, my options were between Five Guys burger or Go-Ang Pratunam Chicken Rice. I gave this a go because it has Michelin Star award. How bad could it be right?

So I was their first customer coming to the restaurant. I was seated near to the cashier, at the table along the wall. My budget to eat here alone is around $15-20. I think it's reasonable for one person meal at shopping mall.

Beside chicken rice (steamed version), I ordered mango salad. Actually they have limited option for side dishes as I was only one person, I didn't think I could finish one additional dish by my own. Mango salad seemed the only small dish to add on to my meal, eventhough it was not a good pairing with chicken rice.

The mango salad came first. It was ok. Sour, sweet and spicy. It tasted like how thai mango salad should be, nothing surprising. The surprise came when my chicken rice came. It just made me not hungry anymore. It was far from my expectation of Micheline star food. At least a decent chicken rice like Wee Nam Kee.

Anyway, it was going to be the first and last one I visited Go-Ang Pratunam Chicken Rice. I rather spend my $15 at Sushi express or Wee Nam Kee if it has to be chicken rice.




No comments: