Saturday, February 27, 2021

Abalone Claypot Rice

I just bought a multi cooker for weekend cooking, steamboat or BBQ.  So I tried for today's lunch. I cooked claypot rice with oriental sausages and baby abalone. Try something simple and easy first. 

I googled the recipe online and found something. I think generally just dump all the seasoning into the pot with the rice.  But I stirfried the garlic, shallot and the oriental sausage pieces with oil first before adding water and rice. The seasoning is just light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, put a bit of knorr stocks and Chinese cooking wine. I added wolf berried for eye nutrition, angelica herbs (dang gui) because I like the taste and kelp for a bit of taste and chilli of course. 

I still have the baby abalone in small can from CNY 2 weeks ago, last can. I put the gravy with the abalone into the pot as well.  I realised it was too much water. Next time I should have considered the gravy from abalone so the water should not be too much.

It turned out to be a bit mussy as I put too much water. However the taste was nice. I would perfect this recipe for weekend meal. Marco will say nice to the food I cook eventhough I think my food sucks. LOL



No comments: