Sunday, March 2, 2014

The "D" Day, Sunday 16th Feb 2014

I was sent to the KKH delivery suite by wheel chair. I then laid on the bed with Niko sat beside me in the sofa.

He went down stairs for the admission paper work. Then he came up with a stack of paper asking me to sign. He actually hid the estimation cost for hi-risk case which would cost us about 30k. At the admission I was asked to sign a statement that I came in without any living child. Then the subsequent form was too many pages and clauses to be read. So we just signed.

I cried because I was so worried that we would go home without the baby.

The nurse keep checking whether I experienced pain. I said no, but she said I actually had contraction. Then one of the female stand by doc checked my opening. She put her fingers in. It was super painful. She said only 1. :(

Then the plan was to delay the delivery to Sunday. Meanwhile they will inject me with steroid 2 times for the baby lungs to mature. The first injection was given on 8pm Saturday. The subsequent one will be on 8am the next day. I was given orange pills every 15 minutes to stop the contractions.

The steroid injection was super painful. It made my left leg like stone and numb. It then slowly disappear. The nurse said it was because steroid was oil based.

We kept waiting for the progress. From no contraction till I felt like menstrual cramp. But the cramp I was feeling on 11 and 12 midnight was ok and tolerable. Going to 1am onward, the pain was getting more intensive. I could not take it when it's getting stronger, I had cold sweat. I asked Niko to massage my back as told in the prenatal class, but he prefers to sleep. WTF!!! I pressed the button to call the nurse about the pain. The nurse only gave me etonox gas. The gas actually not so effective. I was still in pain. I told the nurse I wanted epidural and I didn't want them to be late in case I already in active labor. She said yes. The next check for my opening will be on 2am or 3am. Actually no body check my opening till I couldn't hold the pain anymore.

I once again called the nurse. She came but told me there was a more urgent thing next door as a lady was in labor. So I let her handled the neighbor first. After few minutes, I heard scream and not long baby crying sound subsequently heard. They all went in to my room.

The next shift doc in duty was another female doc. She checked my opening then she said 8. I was like... T.T WTF...are you telling me it's too late for epidural? super WTF!!!
I was damn angry as they never checked on me and now I have to bear the labor pain without any pain killer. I only depended on the stupid gas...They asked Niko to put the gas on my face forcefully because I kept rejecting the gas.

While waiting for the doctor to come, my baby was pushing to go out by itself. I never pushed. The female doc in duty said "don't push darling, you are bleeding." I answered her that I didn't push. I was flying because of the gas so that I couldn't control my action. She measured again the opening it was 8.5

The doctor came eventually...So they instructed Niko to take out the gas from my face and began to hold my hand to calm me down. They instructed me to hold my own tights and push. I pushed wrongly. So one of the nurse taught me how to push. She said like wanna go berak. I did 2 times I guess. First one was the head was out. They commented good...some more... While pushing I was enduring the pain and I closed my eyes. I felt some of my nerves in my head were burst. It was like fire works. Niko told me he saw the head was almost out. Then he looked at me to guide for pushing. Another second after I pushed the entire body was out and we heard baby crying. I felt very relieved as my vagina was not painful anymore.

The next part was they remove the placenta. It was not hurtful because of the size compare to baby size. The next painful part was the stitching part. I felt every stitch the doctor did because there's no pain killer.

This delivery didn't happen as I initially planned. However, I feel grateful I didn't take epidural as I scared it would have side effect on my spine.

They cleaned the baby and placed him to incubator box as he had breathing problem and brought him to the special care nursery. I told Niko to take picture of the baby in case he accidentally was swapped with other one. I requested the nurse also to see his face as I had not seen him since he was out from my womb.



After a while, I asked Niko again to see the baby in the nursery. He said the baby was out from the incubator and placed in the normal bassinet.


We posted the pictures in the facebook, then our friends and colleagues came on the same day. We were actually very tired as we had no sleep. But I felt happy and relieved that everything went smooth.



Roland came the first in the morning. After that I had my lunch and went down to the nursery by wheelchair. Lusi came after that and followed by Arnest, Jaya, Jessica & Mathani, Hendra, Listy, and Mika. Aries, Indri, and CJ came last after we took our pictures.



Adeline, Benny, and Evangeline came after that. Yulie and Christopher came at the evening time when I was low battery.

I tot I could sleep after they all went back...2am a nurse came in and brought baby in. She taught me to latch directly. Then 5am also I was disturbed. Literally I didn't sleep for 2 days in a row.

Btw, I enjoyed every meal they served. I think it was good.

No comments: