Saturday, October 24, 2015

My New Notebook

I had been thinking to buy new notebook because my Acer Aspire which I bought 8 years ago already can not run properly. Even for light task, it needs time to load and the entire process is making me mad. It has been a good company for me during this 8 years.

I bought PC on 2012, however I found it not flexible enough to use it as I need to sit on the desk outside. The PC is placed at the balcony where the afternoon sun is. I sat there during my maternity leave to play game or to do some research on baby stuffs, it is really not comfortable.

I had been eye-ing for Asus, but they don't have the 16 gig RAM. I almost bought the 14" zen book as it can be upgraded to 12 gig RAM for free. After few visit to Best Denki at Compasspoint, I found this Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series 15.6", comes with 16 gig RAM and the rest of the specs are ok for running my 3d max program. It cost $1999.

I went to Challenger at Serangoon NEX. The same model is sold for $1899. It is $100 cheaper. Then I bargained further and the sales person gave me another $70 discount. I paid for $1829 with 24 months installment zero percent interest. I think $72/month is a reasonable amount that can be covered by my freelance jobs.

No comments: