Monday, November 3, 2014

Marco Has Fever

It was Thursday afternoon when my maid messaged us in our group chat that Marco had fever. His body was so hot. We brought Marco to clinic and the doctor said he infected by virus. The fever was expected to occur until Sunday.

We decided to brought him sleep inside our room on Saturday night. I didn't sleep as I looked after him, kept him cold. His head was extremely hot. His fever shot up to 39.5 deg Celsius. I handed over him to my maid on 7am in the morning on Sunday because I really needed to sleep. I asked Niko to wake up on 8am and to take over the baby from the maid as she had day off.

Sunday also his fever still hadn't subsided. I asked Niko to go to doc. The clinic said may be we can observe for another one day.

Sunday evening I noticed Marco had rashes around his right eye and the back part of his body. Then I told Niko to go clinic on Monday morning.

Monday morning, the rashes were so bad. The entire scalp, his face and his body were full of red dots. We also noticed that his right eye lid was swollen.

We reached the clinic around 8.40am and we got no.12 while at the moment the doctor was serving no.1. Literally after waiting for 2 hours, it was our turn. The doctor confirmed that Marco has been infected by Roseola virus. It was not harmful. In fact that the rashes gave him the clue that it is not rubella (german measle-campak german), not other kind of virus. As soon as the rashes came out, the temperature will go down. So we will see within these 2 days. I hope he gets well soon.



No comments: