Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pregnancy Week 19

I remember on week 16th I was complaining on how small my tummy was compared to other people's photos on the internet. Now I feel I am short of breath because my tummy is getting bigger and it starts pressing my other organs. It is growing really fast since 2-3 weeks ago. on my 16th week, I still wore my normal skirt to work. Now I only can wear loose dress and the rubber skirt.

On week 16th and 17th I was so happy that my weight didn't increase so much. It was just around 2.5 kg. Now it's like I gained around 5 kg. In fact, my breakfast is the same thing, recently since the second trimester, I have not been eating a lot for breakfast compared to first trimester. In the first trimester, I needed to have breakfast because it helped a lot to reduce morning sickness.

My lunches have been always regular and same as before pregnancy. Evening time tea break also I have not been eating snacks compared to first trimester which I felt hungry always. I needed to bring extra bread for 4.30pm. So I don't know how I gained the extra 3kg in 2 weeks.

This week I feel fatigue as always, not energized. My back pain is getting stronger. My tummy skin is really tight. I experienced swollen feet because of too much walking. My nights starts getting hard as I have difficulty finding comfortable sleeping position. Poor Niko has to sleep on the study room floor. My sleep always gets interrupted because I need to go to toilet at least once.

I had not felt the movement of my baby clearly at the beginning of the week. At the end of the week, I felt it clearer. Sometimes it is like popcorn popping in your lower tummy. When I am walking normally the baby does not move.

Another thing we have been thinking this week is the name for the baby. Since it is a boy (90% chance based on the 16th week scanning) we only think about boy names.

Niko actually had chosen a name but his mother doesn't agree. He choose Philippo (I don't know how he intent to spell it but it is a Italian name). His mother has a point that he will be born in horse year while Philippo means horse lover. She thinks too much "horse" element. So I can not be more agreed with her point. Some more our friends' comments are Philippo sounds funny and out of the Asian region.

While Niko has no idea to choose other names. I remember I actually had chosen a name long long time ago (around 3 years ago) for our son. MARCO. It's inspired by MARtha & niKO with a little bit change on the letter K. How does it sound? MARCO GUNADI. For me it sounds pleasant to hear and doesn't sound funny also.

Second plan is we name him NIKO GUNADI Jr. There's another problem with this name, if we have more than 1 son. Then what name should we give for our 2nd one? He will feel hurt as he is not the junior of his father. But anyway, this is just a rubbish talk.






No comments: