Sunday, February 8, 2009

1st day at Kluang, 7th February 2009

Niko set his handphone alarm on 6am cause our train was on 7.40am.
We left house on 7.00am. He decided to walk from house to the KTM (Kereta Tanah Melaka) station at Tanjong Pagar. What a great decision :( ....thank you very much to your GPS...I was very happy perspiring after my morning shower :(

We reached KTM station on 7.35am but the train departed 30 minutes later than the schedule.

This was the train that we were going with. Inside was very damn cold...till niko was trembling and our feet and fingers were also cold.



We finally reached Kluang on 10.30am. Kluang Coffeerail was the first sight when you stepped on your feet at Kluang Station. It was hard to find table there. They serve malay foods like nasi lemak, mie siam, and kaya toast. We ordered 2 kaya toast (1 square and 1 bun), 1 mie siam, 1 nasi lemak, 1 coffee and 1 tea. Total were RM 5.70




After our breakfast, we walked to Prime City hotel to check the price. Then we found that Prime City Hotel is the most expensive hotel in Kluang cause the building is also the nicest. The cheapest room is RM 160.00.

So we walked back to Anika Hotel. When we talked to the receptionist, they said we never made resevation for anyroom under Niko. And they said maybe we had called Anika Inn which is not Anika Hotel.

Anika Hotel is already not nice. What about Anika Inn?!? It must be worst than this....We have to take taxi RM 10.00 to go there also. I convinced Niko that we didn't need to go there for cheaper room. Cause the difference only RM 10.00, then we had to spend it for taxi and finally got worse room than the one at Anika hotel.

This was our room, the cheapest room. RM 89.00/day. 2 single beds. Breakfast for 2 person. 2 welcome drinks. The room was not good, but it was consider clean. And the best part of all these was the toilet. I found that the bed and all the things inside the room were not as nice as the toilet. I think they just renovated it.



The monkey needed a nap before continuing the journey.

We had our lunch after that at the nearest coffeeshop which the food was not nice.

I had my fish soup. The fried fish was not so bad but the soup tasted like water.

We went back to hotel cause it wasn't easy to find taxi in Kluang. So we asked the receptionist to call taxi for us. Less than 15 minutes, a taxi came. And I think the taxi was older than my age. No air con inside... I thought that Jb's taxis were the worst taxi..then I knew which one the most. We paid RM 10.00 to go to Gunung Lambak.

We climbed the mountain for about 1 hour 30 minutes. I had given up few times..I was sure that I couldn't go to the top. But Niko always said, too bad that we came from far to here then also could not reach the top. So I tried so hard to reach the peak.
These were the moment of glory....


We took a break for 30 minutes and ate our floss bread.

We went down through the same way. My ankle was trembling and couldn't step properly. Sometime I heard sound from my left knee and I also felt something wrong. But one thing I realized when we went down...that I wore the coolest top at the area.

We went back to hotel by the same ugly taxi...And driver dropped us at the coffeeshop further from our hotel. The foods were also not nice. We ordered 2 bowls of Cha Siu Noodle for RM 6.00


On the way back, Niko decided to have foot massage...really cheap. RM 33.00 for one person/ hour.
I chose chinese herbal and Niko chose crystal milk. After that, we felt very relax. Then we went back to hotel to take shower.

And this was the end of our 1st day at Kluang.

No comments: