Friday, February 22, 2019

Emotional Attachment

Emotional attachment is a bond of feelings created when you are very close to someone. When you feel compatible when you talk to someone and the intense frequency of conversation, it will eventually build emotional attachment. Unfortunately some attachments are meant to be temporary because of whatever reasons.

I was thinking I had been successfully suppressing my emotion as I normally feel nothing. Today I feel emotionally unwell. Knowing this, I am also glad to know I still have emotion. That's the positive side looking at this occasion. People come and go with different agenda. Some have negative agenda, some have positive agenda. But in certain scenarios, there is definitely one losing party. People are so selfish by ignoring the damage created to the other losing party.

Magically, this emotional attachment can happen without face to face encounter. I just discovered and I am amazed of how it was built in a short period of time. I learned something new at least.

I actually foresee consequences come because of my action. Therefore, I don't blame people because of my action that put me in undesirable situation. I believe I am a strong person and I will overcome the obstacles in my live journey.



Still related to emotional attachment issue, I read statement somewhere...

“If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don’t, they never were.
– Kahlil Gibran”

I found this is a bit funny to be said by a guy. This is more suitable to be said by a girl. The first few second impression, the speaker positions himself as a passive person because he doesn't do anything, he just waits and sees what the other will do. Then the "somebody" is the active person. In contrary to the statement, I am believer of men to be the active aggressive party and women to be the passive party. Further, I believe when you want something or someone, you can't just sit down, watch and never show interest to achieve. Because if you do, it forever won't be yours,imo.

No comments: