Saturday, February 23, 2019

Aquarium Hobby

I kept watching aquarium video in youtube. I had been thinking whether I should get one last year for months. Finally I got it on December. I bought a second hand tank from Carousell for $10. After my December trip, I started to plant the scape. It took 2 weeks for the plants to be ready. I filled the tank with water on 3rd week.

Got the fish on that week too. I bought 6 guppies, 2 males and 4 females. The 5 of them died in 1st week. WTF. Left me with 1 female. I bought 3 shrimps. The shrimps ate one type of plants till no more leaves. After the plants no more, 1 shrimp died.

1 fish and 2 shrimps were good and stable. Till one day 1 shrimp died. This shrimp didn't eat the pellet I dropped. Only 1 shrimp eats it. Sigh....

This female guppy was in fact pregnant. She gave birth to 11 fries. 1 died because sucked into filter. I saw it stucked on the filter sponge. I left 10 fries on the tank. Next day I saw why left 8 fries. The mummy ate 2 of the fries. Grrr...... I made isolation tank using plastic jar and clip it on the tank. That's what we called creative.


The fries had been eating well for a week. They showed colour on their rear fin. One day, I changed water. Normally I change 50%. This time, I change 85%. The next day, 5 fries found dead on the bottom of the isolation jar. WTF. Now I only have 3 fries. I hope they are ok will next week. I plan to remove the isolation jar.


Today, I bought 2 neon tetra. Seems like these 2 are confused in the new environment. My shrimp also keep hiding inside the sponge bob house. I don't know what's wrong....

After I take a look closer today, I should have bought algae eater instead of neon tetras. I have thick algae on my tank. Mostly they are on the LED clip, glass wall and the sponge bob house. The algae even grow on the leaves.

No comments: