Sunday, April 21, 2013

Venice - day 1 and 2

After so long journey, more than 24 hours I guess...We reached in Venice central station. It is in the Venice Island. We crossed from the main island by train...cool.



I felt very cold when we arrive there. My fingers were like numb. May be that time I was not used to the weather. We bought 2 one-way water bus ticket (5.1 line) and went down at St.Mark Square.

We waited for 10-15 minutes till Lorenzo came and pick us up in front of the water bus terminal.

His place was empty on that day we came. It was 3-4 story building on a very narrow aisle. In fact, most of the houses are in narrow aisle. The house is in the 2nd floor. It's an apartment with 3 bed room and 1 pantry. there's no living room as this is a BnB. The room is very nice with a bathroom in side.



One thing I noticed when we were in Venice compared to other cities in Italy was the pigeons are obese. Most of them are big size.

Venice is the most touristy places in Italy. Not so many African and generally I felt safe compared when I was in Milan or Naples.

Basically our activities there were :
- walked till my legs tired.
- saw the window showcase, they display very interesting items.
- ate Gelato when it was freezing cold.
- had lunch and dinner in recommended restaurants
- went in to churches
- desperately looking for non gassy mineral water
- went in to some museum (used to be palace)

I wanted to buy Murano glass bracelet for my mother but it was not so cheap. I didn't buy finally. :(

First day we just explored the area, went in to some churches, see what things to buy, researched on the restaurant price for dinner and tomorrow meal.

The next morning, Lorenzo prepared breakfast for us. He served croissant with marmalade filling inside. It tasted fantastic, crispy outside and warm and sweet inside.
We went to St.Mark Square in the morning after breakfast in our Bnb.


Da Mamo for lunch our 2nd day. We were a bit skeptical about this restaurant as we suspected he must get some kind of percentage from our purchase. In fact, it seems to be the best seafood spaghetti I have ever eaten in Italy.

No comments: