Monday, December 30, 2013

Tim Ho Wan, Plaza Singapura

I was wondering why people want to queue that long for Tim Ho Wan? After so long it was my turn to queue almost 1 hour (50 minutes to be precise). What is it so special about this restaurant? It's answered this time.

Reaching closer to the end of the queuing line, we were given a menu. I was so surprise they only have few selections. We don't even can select what tea we want. They only have chinese tea, that's it.

Finally, we ordered these as seen from the photos below.



Let me start with their signature dish, the BBQ pork bun. I must admit, they have unique bun. It's like a combination between rotiboy bun and the normal chasiu pao.

The chicken feet was nice. No smell and so tender.

The lo mai kai was ok. It's too big for alone. Sharing for 3 person would be nice.

The teowchew dumpling was no my taste. The skin was so thick.

The har gao was ok. The prawn was not so crunchy. I have eaten a much nicer version of har gao compared to THW's.

The siu may was a bit smelly. This was the worst dish we ordered this afternoon.

The bean curd prawn roll was good but where's the mayonnaise?

The osmanthus jelly was good and so refreshing after eating greasy food.

I think their special fermented bean chili sauce helps a lot in enhancing the taste of the food.

What I regret not to ordered is the carrot cake. How can I forget to order my favorite dish? :(

I ended up take away 2 set of buns and a egg steam cake for Niko.




No comments: