Saturday, January 5, 2013

Poulet, Bugis Plus


I finally tried "Poulet" after so many times went to Bugis plus. In front of the restaurant, the Q is always very long during lunch time and dinner time. It makes us not even bother to try. I keep seeing the review which is always telling good things. I finally can convince Niko to just waste his time once so I will not disturb him anymore on this restaurant. We ordered their signature dish, half roast chicken, oxtail in red wine sauce, and saute wild mushroom with pouched egg. The funny thing was the chicken came first, followed by the oxtail. The mushroom came last which it supposed to be the appetizer. The chicken was very tender with creamy sauce. I wasn't really impressed by the chicken, but Niko was. He liked the chicken better than the beef. On the other hand, I think the oxtail was very good. It was very tender, still has ligament. The sauce was good. I tasted the wine was quite strong and tasty. I think I know where to go if I am craving for oxtail. The best was the mushroom. We both agreed that this dish was above average and suited our taste buds. I just didn't think that the egg was cooked based on the menu. The egg came boiled. It supposed to be poached.

No comments: