Friday, November 30, 2012

Singapore House


I remember on 2007 when I first got a job in Singapore, I needed to find a place to stay. I hate so much living in HDB as in Jakarta we commonly live in landed house with abundant space. The windows are like prison with trellis. The cables house are protruding out from the wall. They just look alien to me. After going through my first 6 months, I can adapt to the local living style. I think I finally knew why they are designed like that and for which purposes. After all living in HDB is not bad at all. I used to think living in private property will be far way better than living in HDB. Finally I had a chance to try private property. We actually paid more expensive for electricity, gas, and water because there's no subsidy from government. In fact the built quality of the architecture is better in terms of wall thickness, floor to floor height, and floor thickness. Apart from physical condition, there's almost no unwanted disturbance from house agents, sales persons, volunteers seeking for donation, etc. Overall, my expectation of how well my life would be because of living in private property vs the amount of extra money forked out for that is not balance.
View from my HDB unit.
View from my room, looking down to play ground.

No comments: