Wednesday, September 24, 2014

First Day at Jakarta , 17 September 2014

I took the first flight to Jakarta and reached Soekarno-Hatta airport on 9.15am. I feel there is improvement in terms of facilities and the way they manage the airport. The new things are free wi-fi and taxi queue is easier to find. I imagine my self as foreigner, I think now when I touched down is easier to find and direct my self to find taxi.

My mother picked me up with our distant relative. The journey to our home took about more than an hour. After reaching home, we straight away went to kelurahan for my IC renewal. We went there by becak driven by Toha.

The officer asked me what i had been doing because my IC had been expired for 2 years. I said I was at home and forgot. Then I am also registered that I am still single and not working. Such unlucky that Pak lurah was in the meeting at Puncak. He may come back on Friday. @#&*$#*&^&$@ So my driving license renewal would be delayed also.

After the stupid kelurahan business, we headed to glodok to exchange money at Garuda Valas Chandra building. The rate that day was good, Rp9.440,- Compared to the one at Changi Airport, it was only Rp8.600,- After that, it was lunch time. I decided to eat at Chandra food court to reminisence my high school days. Of course, i ordered Lay Lay's nasi campur.



Then we went to Gajah Mada to buy my Bolt. I felt like I was disconnected and lost. So I bought my huawei bolt for Rp.349.000,-. I felt really relieved after I got the internet connection.

Evening time, I went out to have dinner with mother in law and sister in law at Pondok Laguna. Total bill was Rp.360.000,- for fried gurame, kangkung, grilled squid, tahu kipas, and oxtail soup.






No comments: