Saturday, August 10, 2024

Picking Up Mandarin

I have basic to converse in Mandarin. However I never use. I am afraid to say in Chinese because my tone is not correct. I took Chinese lessons on and off. When I was primary school, my father engaged private tutor for me. Then I continued with Chinese course near my house when I was early twenties. I also took course in Singapore at Ikoma, Orchard. A bit expensive for my earning that time.

I think I have solid rock will to be able to speak Chinese. I signed up again. This time I allocated budget to do so. I also bought local primary school mother tongue book. I also practiced to speak when ordering my lunch any time when I feel confident.

I also asked Marco to help me practice daily. But you know, he is more comfortable to speak English. He said lao shi (referring to himself) took time off when he was lazy to practice with me.

It has been one month plus. We see how it goes. I hope in one year I have significant improvement.


No comments: